– In primitive society, when native tribes beat the ground with clubs
and yelled, it was called witchcraft; today, in civilized society, it is
– Golf is an expensive way of playing marbles.
– Golf is a game in which the slowest people in the world are those in
front of you, and the fastest are those behind.
– Golf is a five mile walk punctuated with disappointments.
– The secret of good golf is to hit the ball hard, straight and not too
– There's no game like golf: you go out with three friends, play
eighteen holes, and return with three enemies.
– Golf was once a rich man's sport, but now it has millions of poor
– An amateur golfer is one who addresses the ball twice: once before
swinging, and once again after swinging.
– Many a golfer prefers a golf cart to a caddy because the cart cannot
count, criticize or laugh.